In continuation of our previous announcement for scholarships to the Vedanta Sadhaka Course being offered by Chinmaya Mission, we are pleased to announce the selection of the following candidates along with their brief bio and reasons for choosing the course :
- Mepurathu Sreedharan Pillai Harindranath, a defense service veteran from Bangalore, with a Masters in Engineering, is currently interested in learning Sanskrit. He has also served the United Nations for 15+ years. Harindranath has extensively studied Tattvabodha, a prakarana grantha by Adi Shankara & Bhagavad Gita. Through the Vedanta Sadhaka Course, Harindranath wants to formally study the Shastras at the feet of the Acharyas.
- Suravaram Srinivasan Naidu, a postgraduate in business from Hyderabad, conducts Balvihar and attends Chinmaya camps regularly. Initiated in Omkara Upasana, Srinivasan practices Japa & meditation consistently. He has extensively studied Panchadashi under the guidance of Swami Advayananda & Mandukya Upanishad under the guidance of Swami Sharadananda. Srinivasan wants to pursue his spiritual path with earnestness and under the guidance of compassionate teachers which is why he has opted for the Vedanta Sadhaka Course.
- Sugandha Agnihotri, a postgraduate in environmental sciences from Lucknow, has won many awards for poetry, story writing & photography. Battling the upheavals of life, Sugandha has found solace in daily practice of Mantra Japa. She has comprehensively studied the teachings of Ramana Maharshi & has been inspired by the book ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’. She is also greatly influenced by the works of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa & Swami Vivekananda. Although she practises daily japa, Sugandha feels it is of paramount importance to find a knowledgeable Guru who can guide her in every step along the way. Hence, she has decided to join the one year residential Vedanta Sadhaka Course.
- Pragnya Madhusudan Anglay, a postgraduate in Yoga & science of life from Ahmedabad is proficient in four languages. She loves reading and listening to topics on spirituality. She is passionate about Yoga, cooking & gardening. She is keen on attending the Vedanta Sadhaka Course as she wants to explore Yoga and Vedanta in a dedicated manner.
- Mahesh Kumar Meena (Sadhu sri), from Dehradun has a Masters in Yoga and is a disciple of Swami Padmanabhananda. He loves reading spiritual books & practicing Asanas. He also practices Pranyama, Mantra Sadhana & Seva. He has an extensive knowledge of Patanjala Yoga Sutras & Swami Sivananda’s work. His primary reason for choosing Vedanta Sadhaka Course is to study Vedanta in a traditional & systematic way.
Our best wishes to the seekers.